Did you know?
• The #1 cause of disability worldwide is spinal pain.
• The annual cost of pain is $600B. More than heart disease ($309B) and cancer ($243B) combined.
• Nearly 25% of all opioid prescriptions are given for back pain. The Institute of Medicine, FDA, & CDC guidelines all recommend non-opioid and non-pharmacologic approaches as the first line of defense in dealing with chronic pain
• 1 of 3 Americans Take Opioid Drug
• 1.9 Million Americans are Addicted to Opioid Drugs
• 175 people DIE per day from Opioids
• 63.4% of Opioid users start because of a physical pain A baby is born every 25 minutes addicted to opioid drugs (having withdrawals) and it costs $1.5B/year to rehab these babies ($50k per baby) (Journal of Perinatology 2015) Life Expectancy has declined three years in a row for the first time in 100 years. (due to flu pandemic in 1916-2018)
The CDC attributes the drop in life expectancy (2016-2018) to Opioid Use.
CHIROPRACTIC HAS A HUGE ROLE TO PLAY IN COMBATING THIS CRISIS: According to Journal of Complementary & Alternative Medicine in Dec. 2017: Chiropractic Patients shown to use 55% less opioids than non-chiropractic recipients.